Public Transportation and School Bus Garage
501 College Street, Lafayette, TN 37083
Rules and Regulations
The following pupil rules of behavior on school buses
have been adopted from the Tennessee State Manual for Pupil Transportation.
Any violation of a rule will result in discipline by the appropriate school
principal and possible suspension of bus riding privileges. Violations
will be reported to the principal by the bus driver via a "Bus Conduct Report".
Dependent upon the severity of the offense and the number of prior offense(s),
after consulting with the Transportation Supervisor, disciplinary actions may be
taken. Penalty is at the discretion of the principal on any
circumstance (may include removal from bus 1 to 10 days or permanent removal
Any Offense resulting in bodily injury to driver or
other student with result in immediate suspension of bus privileges.
Principal will then call a conference with the student and his/her parents, the
bus driver and transportation supervisor.
All "Bus Conduct Reports" are kept on file in the principal's
office and a copy is sent home to the parent(s) with the student.
- Pupil shall arrive at the bus stop before the bus arrives.
- Pupil shall wait in a safe place, clear of traffic and away
from where the bus stops.
- Pupil shall wait in an orderly line and avoid horseplay.
- Pupil shall cross the road or street in front of the bus
only after the bus has come to a complete stop and upon direction from the
- Pupil shall go directly to an available or assigned seat
when entering the bus.
- Pupil shall remain seated and keep aisles and exits clear.
- Pupil shall observe classroom conduct and obey the driver
promptly and respectfully.
- Pupil shall refrain from throwing or passing objects on,
from, or into buses.
- Pupil is permitted to carry only objects that can be held
on his/her lap.
- Pupil shall refrain from the use of profane language,
tobacco, alcohol, drugs or any other controlled substances on bus (violation
of any of these rules will result in discipline according to current board
- Pupil will refrain from eating and drinking on the bus.
- Pupil shall not carry hazardous materials, nuisance items
or animals onto the bus.
- Pupil shall respect the rights and safety of others.
- Pupil shall refrain from leaving or boarding the bus at
locations other than the assigned stops at home or school without
- Pupil shall refrain from extending head, arms or objects
out of the windows.
- Pupil shall refrain from hitching rides via the rear bumper
or other parts of the bus.
Safety is Everyone's
Return to the Transportation
Return to the Home Page